- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup scrumptious Manitoba honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups seedless raisins
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Cream shortening and honey thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, beat until well mixed.
- Mix flour, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture, stir until mixed.
- Add raisins and vanilla.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.