Seed Packets: How To Use?
"If you plant it, they will come" 🐝
We know a lot of people may not have "green thumbs", so we thought we'd put together a short instructional on how to achieve optimal results with your seed packets.
When And Where
In a partially shady location, in early spring but after risk of frost has past.
- Wildflower seed packets 💐
- Spray bottle with water or similar
- Gardening gloves (optional)
- Rake or similar tool for loosening soil (optional)
Plant The Seeds!
- Clear leaf debris and clutter and loosen the soil two inches with a rake, or your fingers. A couple of square feet will do per envelope. Gently smooth the soil but don't compress.
- Evenly scatter the seeds from your packet over the area. Gently rake to distribute.
- Water immediately after planting with a fine spray, but not enough for puddles to form.
- Keep the patch moist until seedlings are well established. Water periodically as needed to keep seedlings happy 🌱